Here are some poems, composed by a puppet,

some are my own and some of them not.

You can like one, or quite like them all,

or simply not like them a hell of a lot.


x



Friday 20 January 2012

Elephants Vs. Insects by Allan Ahlberg

The Elephants and the Insects
Came out to play a match
They trampled in the jungle
Till they cleared a little patch.
They scuttled round and trumpeted
Just glad to be alive
Until the half-time whistle
when the score was 15-5.

The Insects in the second half
Brought on a substitute
A modest little centipede
But, brother, could he shoot.
He ran around on all his legs
Beneath the tropic sun
And by the time he'd finished
Well, the Insects, they had won.

"Oh, tell us" said the Elephants
"We're mystified indeed
Why wait until the second half
To play the centipede?"
"That's easy" cried the Insects
As they carried off the cup.
"He needs and hour
to sort his boots...

And tie his laces up!"

15 comments:

  1. I love this poem to read this is so beautiful poem.......I know about this poem because it is in my English book........& i am from std:6........

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes exactly even i know this poem

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the summary of this poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want the ppt for the same

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an teacher. I teach the same poem in my school, but why they kept the name of the author as 'Anonymous instead of Allan Ahlberg???

    ReplyDelete
  6. helped me a lot in my exam thanks plus it so......good

    ReplyDelete
  7. pls send summary pls

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah i also like this poem its interesting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poetic devices used in the poem

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thundering poem

    ReplyDelete